Top Ten Fun Dachshund Facts!The Dachshund’s a dog of German descent,
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm chewing something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
10. If you are playing with something and you put it down,
Presents a ludicrous appearance,
His legs are bowed, his feet turn out,
He gives us much to laugh about.
He's two dogs long, a half dog high,
In spite of which he's quick and spry,
So at his funny build don't smirk,-
It's perfect for his special work.
For Dachshund plays a hero's role,
In going down a badger's hole,
A badger is a savage fighter,
A vicious scratcher and a biter.
And folks who call him ‘dash-hound’ show,
Their ignorance and do not know,
That dox-hoont is his proper name,
In Germany from whence he came.
1. If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.
2. Don't go out without ID.
3. Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you feel by piddling on their shoes.
4. Be aware of when to hold your tongue, and when to use it.
5. Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
6. Always give people a friendly greeting. A cold nose in the crotch is most effective.
7. When you do something wrong, always take responsibility (as soon as you're dragged shamefully out from under the bed).
8. If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss.
1. Both take up too much space on the bed.
2. Both have irrational fears about vacuum cleaning.
3. Both mark their territory.
4. Neither tells you what's bothering them.
5. The smaller ones tend to be more nervous.
6. Both have an inordinate fascination with the remote control.
7. Neither does any dishes.
8. Both fart shamelessly.
9. Neither of them notice when you get your hair cut.
10. Both like dominance games.
11. Both are suspicious of the postman.
12. Neither understands what you see in cats.